Tuesday, January 5, 2010

You Never See Them In The Same Room Together.....

The other day I was thinking up ideas to make a new post on. I was sipping coffee and smoking a cigarette and dreaming of being one of those lovely and alluring French women I see in movies and of course I got to thinking about fashion. When am I not, right?

But the idea occurred to me: Why not do a style comparison of my Female Fashion Icon (Lady Gaga) and her Male Fashion Counterpart (Noel Fielding of The Mighty Boosh).

As I was searching the webiverse for pictures of them both in all their sequin-encrusted and fabric-stretched glory, I started to notice certain parallels between them that could not go unnoticed. The more I looked, well, honestly, the more I laughed.

Could it be that Lady Gaga is Lance Dior? No. Of course not, that's too much to hope for and she's so original the mere thought of copying someone else's style would make her, well, it would make her vomit on herself in infinite loop:


Suck that, Jeffree Star!

But you have heard that old saying "Everything's been done before", yes? So it's only logical that when trying to be yourself and create something original, you're going to accidentally do something someone else has already done, even if it is in a slightly different way.

Photobucket
Antlers. I have no idea what Godga was going for here, but I do know that Noel's been rockin' those things since The Mighty Boosh were just The Boys In The Wood. This round goes to him.

Photobucket
Oh, the mirrorball suit! I don't know who I want to give this to. All I know is I want to stand under them both and dance the night away.

Photobucket
The only thing I love more than myself in Go Go Boots? Another attractive lady in Go Go Boots. And the only thing I love more than that? A man in Go Go Boots. Points go to Fielding, but only because of my massive fetish.

Photobucket
I've only seen Gaga rock this look once, but it immediately reminded me of nearly ever afterparty photo I've seen of Noel. Points go to Alice Cooper because he's been rockin' this look since both Noel and Gaga were zygotes.

Photobucket
Again, I don't know who to give points to. Sunflash is a newer character of Noel's and this is one of Gaga's newer visions.

Photobucket
Animal ears. Another crossroads for me. I DON'T KNOW WHO TO GIVE THE POINTS TO, PEOPLE!

Photobucket
Bin-bag chic. Points go to Gaga. Sorry Fieldmouse, you know I love you.

This last one is just for giggles.
Photobucket
They look like the same girl. It was too good to pass up! XD

xoxoLigeia

No comments:

Post a Comment